At Nepal tours we have a steadfast policy when it comes to Responsible Tourism and it is simply not just a term that we incorporate in our brochures to impress our clients; all our activities and itineraries are fashioned in a way that social, cultural and perfect replica watches environmental issues remain the core of our operations. Our business policies and practices are formulated so that they do not adversely affect these factors and that they are not impacted in the longer term.
We have immense consideration for the local communities and always practically ensure that they benefit from our ventures with minimum or no undesirable impact on the environment. We understand and appreciate that social, cultural and religious factors are sensitive issues and its preservation is crucial to sustainable tourism. Our itineraries are specifically tailored to ensure low volume holidays which consequently mean low impact on the environment. We are sensitive to the fragility of the places that we visit and feel that we have to give something substantial back to the community that we benefit from. Nepal Tours has been given five star rating for Sustainable Tourism by the Association of Independent Tourism Operators (AITO).
Nepal Tours assures you of an experience that will be etched in your memories for years to come. We will take you on an exotic journey through the historically, culturally and environmentally beautiful Nepal by providing you services of the most experienced and knowledgeable leaders in the trade, personalized hospitality that extends absolute cooperation and wonderful company. Our trekking crew and leaders have had years experience behind them and this ensures that your holiday will be free from any kind of hassle and uneasiness. We are confident that once you place yourselves under our care, your holiday will be a smooth and relaxing one.
Despite Nepal’s relatively small size in the region, it is diverse in almost every aspect; topographically, culturally and socially. It has diverse array of wildlife and boasts an abundance of exotic plant and animal life. The towering Himalayas stand sentinel to the rivers and valleys down below; it is truly a haven for adventure seekers.
If you are planning a holiday to destinations like Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan, we can design customized itineraries to meet your personal whims and at your convenience. Give us an opportunity to be of service to you and we will not disappoint you – your holiday dreams will come true in the reliable hands of Nepal Tours team ofprofessionals.
Minimizing Environmental Impact
The backbone of tourism itself is the most valuable asset we have in Nepal, and that is nature in all its optimum splendor. Unregulated tourism has adversely impacted the environment and we have always relentlessly doubled our efforts for the conservation of nature the most valuable asset. We are particularly wary when camping and carry our own fuel for cooking purposes, dispose of rubbish in the best possible manner and at times even make it a point to carry our rubbish back. These are just a few of the measures we take to ensure minimal environmental impact.
Giving Back to the Community
Nepal Tours is dedicated to the rural communities and their upliftment. We commit a substantial amount of our profit to charitable and social causes including sponsoring underprivileged children’s educational needs and helping to build community schools. Bringing potable water to the water-deprived villages with our drinking water projects, building roads to inaccessible villages, setting up health clinics and educating the vastly illiterate rural community to raise awareness on healthcare and other social issues are just a few of our endeavours for community upliftment. Most parts of Nepal are still steeped in superstition, shamanism and various social evils and through interaction programmes we have been remarkably successful in helping to bring positive changes in these communities. Funding projects that help underprivileged villagers to lead self-reliant lives has also been at the forefront of our ventures.
Welfare of our Staff ( Porters & Crew )
Our staff are well insured and in the event of an emergency we have drills in place that include helicopter evacuation and first aid trained individuals - practically every member of our team goes through intensive training in first aid and this is not confined to a one time course; they are periodically upgraded in their skills and abilities with regular workshops, seminars and trainings by experts in the respective fields.
Our treks are operated by following five mandatory guidelines of the International Porter Protection Group ( IPPG ):
1. Clothing is provided as per the season and altitude for protection from cold, rain and snow. This may include windproof jackets and trousers, fleece jackets, long johns, appropriate footwear depending on the altitude and terrain, socks, hat, gloves and sunglasses.
2. Suitable shelters will be provided to porters above the tree line; either a room in a lodge or a tent, a sleeping pad and a blanket or a sleeping bag . They will be either provided with warm or rehydrating drinks and food or fuel and equipment for cooking purposes.
3. Porters are fully insured and receives the same quality of medical care and attention as a client.
4. Porters are not to be compensated for injury/ illness without the prior assessment of their condition by a leader or trekkers . The individual in charge of the porters ( Sirdar ) must notify the trek leaders or the trekkers if a porter is about to be compensated. Such negligence has resulted in many deaths.
Sick or injured are not to be sent down alone and must be accompanied by someone who speaks their language so that the nature of their injury / illness / complaint can be understood and effectively lodged verbally and in writing.Sufficient funds should be made available for cost of treatment and rescue.
5. No porter should be made to carry loads that exceed their physical capabilities ( max: 20 kg on Kilimanjaro, 25 kg in Peru and 30 kg in Nepal ). The weight limits may have to be adjusted depending on altitude, trail and weather conditions; decisions in this regard have to be made by experienced individuals. www.se-check.com